Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Well, the military housing here made the decision that we can not move into a different home on base.  They will be replacing our roof and our ceiling over the next week.  Moriah and I will be staying at a friends house the day they rip off the ceiling.  There is a possibility of mold and we also don't want her (and the baby in me) exposed to all the sheet rock dust that accompanies a ceiling replacement.  Zack is going to be here to monitor the workers and check out the interior damage, to make sure we are living in a structurally sound home.  I have come to terms with this, although I must say I was really praying for them to grant us a move into a new home.  Even though they(the military housing powers at be) think they made the decision, God is in control and He knows why we are not allowed to move, even if I do not understand it.

What this means for us is that we need to make a decision.  If we are staying in the military we are going to begin to look for off base housing.  Anyone know of anyone renting a home?  But, if we are going to get out of the military we are just going to tough this home out till the spring when we move to FL.  Please keep Zack in your prayers as he feels the weight of the decision much more than I do.  Thanks for everyone who has been praying and asking how things are going.  I will continue to keep you posted =)


  1. Thank you for the much desired update. :-)

  2. I don't know how you guys do it!!! You are true troopers. I can't believe they'd make you stay in the home you're in. Well, you'll come out of this much stronger and any house, apt, etc that you get after this will seem so much nicer. We are having the same dilema with staying in or getting out. What do we do?!?! God will point us in the right direction (your family and ours). He is definitely a lot bigger than our troubles. If you need anything don't hesitate to call.