Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Ahh Jeez!"

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matthew 19:14

Moriah calls Jesus (and any Bible story character) "Ahhjeez."  It has been precious to see her grow in her knowledge of Bible stories.  I just wanted to share some of the sweet things she has been doing and saying.  

This quilt is hanging on her wall above her crib.  We bought it when I was pregnant and we took a mission trip to the Philippines.  We have never talked about it or the stories it represents.  It has been purely decoration up until now.  Moriah woke up from her nap the other day and was just looking at the quilt.  It was like a light bulb went off in her head.  She pointed and excitedly told me, "Ahhjeez!"  She knew the quilt depicted the Bible!  I can't tell you how proud I was.  I honestly think that God reveals himself to children in ways we can never understand as adults.  There is no other explanation of how she knew what the quilt was.    
Moriah reading her favorite book, her baby bible.  She will carry it around with her and just sit and read it pointing to "Ahhjeez," the apple in Adam and Eve, and the animals getting on the arc.  I love that she already has a love for God's word!  I pray it continues. 
Her baby Bible.  She also has a toddler Bible that has more stories but it is a paper book so she can only read it with us.  This one is on the hard cardboard stuff so she can carry it anywhere and I don't have to worry about her tearing it up.  

I am excited to see what God has in store for my little sweetie who already seems to be sensitive to Him.  

1 comment: