Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pee Pee in the Potty!

Moriah has been pulling off her clothes lately and telling me she needs to go potty.  I must admit I was a bit hesitant about starting to potty train her, even though she was clearly telling me she was ready and got the association between going pee and sitting on the potty.  With Levi coming and a possible move overseas this year, I was happy to wait and save potty training for a later date.  And I will confess, I am a bit scared of the whole process...I do hate germs and grossness.  Potty training requires that she be touching things in the bathroom...YUCK!
But alas, she has continued to insist that she needs to go potty.  So we got her a seat and I have been waiting to let her try it out.  Today after her nap she took off her pants and said potty.  Off we went upstairs to let her try and go.  I brought books thinking she would need some time to get used to the idea.  I put her on the potty, she looked at me and I told her to go pee.  And she did.  Just like that.  I cheered WILDLY for her and I think she got the idea.  She clapped.  Then she looked at me and said "All done." and proceeded to try and get off.  Not 10 minutes later she was telling me again.  So we went upstairs again and she had a dry diaper but peed immediately after I put her on the potty.  Yay!
So, I am curious as to where this is heading.  Many scenes are playing through my head.  
I think I will be making tons of trips up and down the stairs (our only bathroom is upstairs).
I am wondering if this is going to turn into a game or if she really wants to go pee in the potty.
If she does get potty trained will she stop when Levi gets here because of the change?
Hum...I guess time will tell.  I know that for today my little 16 month old just told me twice she needed to go potty and she actually went!  I guess for now I will just celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment