Saturday, February 19, 2011

No Tears

 I am finding myself prone to cry lately.  This is a very NEW thing for me.  Now, don't get me wrong, I can shed a tear.  I have been known to cry when extremely angry, during movies, and when pregnant.  What is odd is that recently I have been weepy when I am none of those things.  I blame it on the amount of stress I have been under, but for whatever the reason, I am learning to embrace the tears and have accepted that I am just more sensitive right now.

That being said, you will find this story that much more impressive.  I think I might have experienced the worst mailing catastrophe EVER this week.  My hubby requested I mail a few things for him.  Normally this would be fine, but for some odd reason, nothing was easy about this package.  From the start, the list of contents was a challenge.  Not only did I need to run to the store to purchase a few things, I had to search through the mess that is currently our craft room (it hasn't been organized since we moved-yikes!) for guitar equipment.  Thankfully all those hours of half diligently listening to my hubby talk about his guitar equipment paid off and I actually knew what most of the things on the list were.

Once said items were gathered, I placed them in a laundry basket, for carrying convenience, and arranged for a friend to watch the kids so I could go unaccompanied to mail the package.  I arrived at the UPS store to discover that they could package and mail my things but could not insure it, since it would actually be shipped USPS, because of the location of the destination.  The UPS guy was extremely helpful and packaged up my items in one nice and secure box, then proceeded to offer to put it in my car.  SCORE!  Off to the USPS I went.  Insurance was a must for this high valued box.

Upon arriving, some nice service men saw me carrying this huge box and offered to carry it in for me.  A true blessing, except for the fact they kept calling me mam.  I hate that!  Anyway, they no more walked in the door of the USPS and the lady behind the counter very rudely stated the package was far too large to mail.  WHAT?!  I didn't know there was a size restriction, and no need to be rude about it.  I kept my tears at bay.  The nice men awkwardly stood there wondering if they should stay and carry the box back out to my car.  It was amusing really, that they didn't leave until I told them it was fine for them to go.  I worked it out with the rude lady and she agreed to mail the package, except not priority.  That means it will take at least 6 weeks to arrive at its destination.  Oh well.  I filled out the necessary forms, paid and left.  The nicest thing the lady said to me was "Have a good day" when I was leaving.

I am VERY proud that I didn't cry (especially with the rudeness and craziness factor) and SO thankful that my kids weren't with me, because I think that would have been the straw that broke the dam that was holding my emotions in check.  Needless to say, there is my very long tale of how there were no tears!!  Yay!  I might be returning to a normal emotional state, I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment