Sunday, March 8, 2009

Family Date Day

We had a blast yesterday as a family. It was so nice to not have an agenda, and just hang out together. The weather was not as sunny as predicted but it was so nice out! I think it got up to 74. We started the day off by going to a park and walking around the lake. Moriah LOVED it. There were geese that she watched and pointed at.  She called them "birdas" and "ducks." There were also a ton of dogs on the trail and she thoroughly enjoyed telling us every time she saw one that it was a "doggy, woof." We also got some really good laughs. She spotted a small fat dog and called it a cat and meowed at it. She also saw a dalmatian for the first time, called it a cow and mooed at it. HILARIOUS! Last but not least (I think I almost wet myself when this happened!) she spied a greyhound that had stripes and got so excited! She immediately began screaming "roar!" thinking it was a tiger. We stopped for our picnic lunch and let Moriah just wander around the deck that overlooked the lake. She had a great time.  

When we got back, we put her down for her nap in her toddler bed. She went right to sleep and slept for 3 hours! I was so proud and sad at the same time. She is growing up so fast. Since the park we went to didn't have a great playground we promised Moriah we would take her after she took a nap. Off we went to the fabulous playground that is just across the street from our house.  It is really nice to be so close to one.  Moriah played on the "meanings" (swings), "side" (slide) and "horsey."  She has really become a toddler and loves to be independent.  If you remember this post, she wouldn't even walk on the mulch or go down the slide by herself in the fall.  She has really grown up.  She watched a little boy go down the big twisty slide and decided she was big enough for that too.  So up she climbed and down she went all by herself.  I was very impressed.  
After some fun at the playground we went out to Red Robin for some dinner (I was craving their Whiskey River BBQ burger, fries and coke!) and then the Krispy Creme next door had their "Hot and Now" sign on so we got some dessert.  It was YUMMY!  
All in all it was a wonderful day.  To top it off, Moriah went to bed last night in her toddler bed and slept through the night.  I think she is done with the crib.  I told Zack it just made my heart so happy but so sad.  I wanted to go in and snuggle her all night.  I feel like she is no longer a baby at all.  How did that happen?   
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day.  You can see them all here.






4 comments:

  1. just wait...once Levi is born she will look HUGE. Ally was two when Rylee was born and she looked so small until I came home with Rylee and then over night she was gigantic. I wish I could pause time when they are about two weeks old and they are small and just want to cuddle but I enjoy them growing so much as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    She is adorable!!! I think she looks like your mom! Can't wait to see pictures of Levi! Keep me posted.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are incredible. She is such a cutey!

    ReplyDelete