Monday, November 24, 2008

So Thankful!

This year is a rare treat for us.  We are going home to FL for Thanksgiving AND Christmas.  I am beside myself with joy!  We have not spent both holidays with family since before we were married and moving all over the place.  Since we don't know what next year holds (we may be overseas) this could be our last chance for a few years to be home for both holidays.  I have to admit that I am looking forward to shopping with my mom on Black Friday almost as much as the yummy food we will eat Thursday!  Zack has been a great sport and has gone with me the last few years (including when we were in Korea and there was only one store to go to, but we were still there waiting in line at 6 AM and received $100 in gift cards because of it!) and last year my sister-in-law ventured out with me too, but it will be so fun to go with my mom like we did all growing up.  I can't wait!!!  

Needless to say, the last two days have been filled with craziness.  I am so thankful for Zack because he has helped me get our fall decor put away, Christmas put up and the house clean.  I hate leaving a dirty house when we go on a trip because that means I come home to a dirty house.  It has been hard to get ready for this trip and get everything done because I have been suffering from the same cough that my little girl had last week.  I am functionally sick but I just feel like all my energy is gone.  Thankfully all I have left is some packing and we are set to fly out tomorrow!  I will update my blog with pictures after we get back.  I hope each of you enjoy your Thanksgiving and time with family.  I will leave you with the top five things I am thankful for...I had to limit it or my blog would be never ending, God is so good!

1. Salvation- not a day goes by that I am not reminded of how blessed I am to be saved by grace.  Thank you Jesus!

2. Family- I have a hubby who really loves me completely and continues to demonstrate his love for me everyday.  Sigh, I am such a blessed wife.  We have a beautiful daughter who just lights up our life and can't wait to meet our little boy in March.  I am also blessed with amazing parents who taught me about God and his grace since I was a little one.  They are an amazing example to me of how to have a Godly marriage and raise your children to serve the Lord.  I have a sweetheart as a Granny who is an awesome prayer warrior and two grandparents who keep me laughing and playing cards.  Not to mention my brothers, sister-in-law, niece, soon-to-be nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins who are just so wonderful!!!  I could go on and on about each of them.

3. Friends who are like family.  I know I have blogged about this before but we are so blessed with amazing friends who treat us like family.  Being moved and far away from family and support is so hard.  Everywhere we have lived though God is faithful in providing us with friends we can count on.

4. Laundry soap and dryer sheets.  So after my three typical, but sincere, things I am thankful for I decided to think about what has helped me through today.  And let me tell you, I am SO thankful for laundry soap and dryer sheets.  Without these two things my home would stink and be a mess.  Whoever invented them, mad props!

5. My cell phone.  Mine looks the same as Zack's and this morning he took mine instead of his.  Never knew how thankful I was for a cell phone, with all my needed numbers, as when I didn't have it.  Thankfully I did have his phone to use when I was out and we met for lunch and switched.  Thanks AT&T for your services!

Happy Thanksgiving!      

No comments:

Post a Comment