Monday, March 1, 2010

In a Nutshell

Wow, it has been almost two months since my last post. I have really been a horrible blogger, huh? (You can't tell but I am hanging my head in shame.) So I thought I would use this post to catch you up...


Moriah is funny as always. She has really become quite the little boss around here. I am told it is the oldest girl syndrome. I know I sure did a lot of bossing of my siblings when I was younger. We are still working on potty training (I am giving it till August-I will NOT have three kids in diapers!). She has the sweetest spirit and genuinely cares about those around her. She was talking the other day to the baby and said, "Baby, since you are stuck in there, I want to give you my chapstick." And she proceeded to try and stick her chapstick (a prized posession around here) into my belly button. It melted my heart. She is constantly telling Levi, "It's ok. I love you. I know buddy." Once Grandma was sad and she said (in the sweetest voice immaginable) "Don't worry, Grandma." She fills our life with joy and tons of songs (she will sing and sing and sing).
Levi has been pulling himself up and cruising all over the place. He is quick to smile and laugh and has been trying all sorts of new words. He is also refusing any type of baby food. Nope, only real food for this guy, and make sure it is the same food we are eating-he doesn't want to feel slighted. He is really becoming such a "big" boy, even if he is really little for his age. Because of slow weight gain, he was tested for liver and kidney problems, as well as iron count and blood cell count. All the tests showed that he was healthy, but a tad bit anemic. So he is on iron and doing well. We are praying that he has gained an acceptable amount of weight for his one year check up that is right around the corner. (I know-can you believe he is going to be a year!) We love having a our little man around to keep us on our toes.

Here I am last week at 17 weeks. My morning sickness is finally passed-YAY! After a nasty case of food poisoning (thank you McDonalds) and some days of utter exhaustion I have come out of the "fog" of the first trimester. Our little gummy bear is letting me feel its movements more and more. I love that feeling!

So I know it's no surprise to any of you but we have had TONS of snow the past month. Below are a few of my favorite pictures of our snow days. It was fun to get a week as a family. Zack had several days off because of the weather, so we had a mini family staycation at home. As of today, the sun is shining and I can see grass in a lot of places. The snow seems to be melting away and there is not another blizzard due this winter. I am looking forward to spring, nice walks outside and playing on the playground with my kids.





On Valentine's day I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss with my hubby. Thanks to my parents flying up to stay the weekend with our kids, we were able to get away for the weekend! It was wonderful!! I believe we have an amazing love story (which I wont go into here-since this post is supposed to just be our recent life in a nutshell) but suffice to say that the more years we are together, the more I love this man. I love the family we have together and the time we have been blessed with. I am so excited to see what God has in store for the two of us together. He is an amazing father to our children and such a strong but caring leader of our home.

Our littles decked out for Valentine's Day!



Zack turned 30 on February 15th. In honor of this momentous day we celebrated by eating Cheeburger with my parents on his actual birthday and the following weekend we had a superhero party! It was so fun. Happy late birthday, love, you are the best!

Grandma (Zack's mom) got to come and visit us for a week! It was so good to spend some quality time together. The kids just LOVED having her here (I did too!). It was so fun watching Moriah and Levi play all day with their Grandma and I got lots of rest having her here. Thanks for coming Grandma!

Well folks, that is about it for what the "big" things that have been happening around here. I will try and get back to posting more often but no promises (you know the whole being a mom of two and being preggo thing...).
Some upcoming events we are looking forward to:
Levi turns 1 on March 15!! WOW!
Trip to FL for Levi's birthday!
Our church's big launch on Easter! Check out their website here.
The arrival of my nephew in May!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the walnut-shell as opposed to peanut sized update! great to hear about everyone!

    ReplyDelete