Friday, June 13, 2008

Roof Saga Continued

Well, we had a repairman out to fix our damage from the roof leak, finally.  He was here for a total of 15 minutes and he just slapped some paint on the old paint.  Needless to say, it was not a decent repair.  If this were my home I would not be satisfied with the job but God is using this to remind me that this is not my home.  This is property belongs to the military, I am just allowed to live here for now.  This is not a permanent situation for me.  God has provided for my family right now with a place to live, be cool for the summer and snuggle with my baby.  This too shall pass.  I selfishly want it to pass, say, yesterday!  I long to be a home owner and have the right to do anything I want with my home, fix things correctly the first time and put my touches on everything.  Zack has been very encouraging in this area and continually reminds me that we will be moving next year, just to hang in there.  Thanks for those of you who prayed.  I guess our problem is sort of fixed.  We are sending a letter to the housing office here and the regional office to make them aware of the many issues we have dealt with living here.  We are praying that it will be taken seriously; that there will be a change, not for us, but for the many military families who live here and are dealing with the stress of living on base.  Living on base is a situation that is meant to provide less stressful conditions for military families, and that just isn't happening here.  
Ahh, only 10 months left in MD.  I pray that God uses me here during that time but I am so looking forward to getting back to my FL!  

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you REALLY want to move back to FL? What about NC? It's real pretty here. :)

    MIss you!

    ReplyDelete