Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day!

I think this holiday (next to the ones that celebrate Jesus, of course) is one of my favorites.  At this point in our life, Moriah is obviously too small to really plan anything for Mother's Day, so it was left up to my wonderful hubby to make it a special day.  Oh, how he succeeded!  He asked me what I wanted to do and I had already decided that I didn't want to go out to eat.  Moriah has been pretty unpredictable lately about how she will behave out to eat.  She inevitably ends up in one of our laps and we take turns eating.  Normally, this is fine with me, I don't mind holding my little girl, but I didn't want to be in a crowded place and feel rushed and stressed.  I just wanted family time to enjoy my new role as a mom.  I wanted to relish "my day" spend time with the sweet girl who made me a mom.  
So, here is how the day went.  My thoughtful husband got up with Moriah at 5 AM to feed her and put her back to sleep.  She woke up at 8 AM and he once again got up with her, fed her breakfast and played with her.  I crawled out of bed at 9:30!  No one woke me up, I woke up naturally.  I think this is the first time since I had Moriah this has happened!  It was so nice!  What awaited me downstairs was a smoothie and toast breakfast with my two loves.  Moriah took a nap while I took my time getting ready for the day and Zack packed our picnic lunch.  When Moriah woke up I had the joy of opening cards and presents.  Zack gave me a card with punch out coupons for massages, dinner out, and things like that, a way of pampering the mother of his baby.  It was really sweet.  Moriah's card was so cute!  She did a good job picking it out =)  She also gave me the Willow Tree figure holding a baby, just perfect!  
It looked like rain out so we headed to our picnic hoping for the best.  Zack found a park online but had never been to it.  We ended up getting lost (I read the directions wrong and we went the wrong way) which was a blessing really.  Moriah took a little nap in the car so by the time we got there she was well rested and a peach the whole time we were eating.  Zack took care in packing sandwiches, chips, fruit, cookies, and sparkling grape juice.  It was chilly out so after we ate we decided against our original plan of going for a walk and just took some pictures by the trees before we left.  We are thinking of making this a Mother's Day tradition, something I am all for!
We went to church that night(which was amazing!) and ate pizza with our church family.  It was the perfect day that was coming to a close.  I spent some sweet mother-daughter time with Moriah snuggling before I put her down to sleep.  Just precious.  I have the most wonderful husband for putting all this together and making my day so great.  I am truly blessed beyond measure with my family.  My heart just smiles when I think of how thoughtful Zack was in his planning and how sweet my little girl is.  
Check out pictures here.  I hope your Mother's Day was as blissful as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment