Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So Thankful



I was happy to host Thanksgiving at my house. It was nice for us to be able to welcome my family into my home. It was rare that we are together "just us." After a yummy meal (where Moriah and Hannah said the prayer-ADORABLE!) we packed up the car and headed to a resort in the VA mountains. It was beautiful! We got to take the girls on a horse ride, go hiking, play on the playground, go shopping on black Friday (we went out during naps while Zack stayed with the sleeping kids), visit an indoor water park, and see gorgeous views from the ridge. Not to mention all the cards that were played. It was a sweet time together.

We are a typical family. Just a group of people tied together by the bonds of DNA. We have arguments, rifts, and some tension but we are family. We are forever going to be part of each other's lives. We will forever share in the joys and sorrows of life. We spent this past Thanksgiving weekend together. Just us. It was such a blessing. See we might all be scattered around the world next year. Zack in the AF, Nate is headed for the Marines. Jay has talked about joining up too but nothing certain yet. No matter what arguments occur or how different we each are in the way we live life, one thing will always remain the same. We all love Jesus and we all love each other. I know that if I need them, my family is there and I feel so blessed by that knowledge. I love my family.

Here are all the pictures of our adventures at Thanksgiving. Hope yours was spent enjoying your family too!

No comments:

Post a Comment