Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Advent


Today marks the beginning of my favorite month. This month we get to focus on Christ's birth! I LOVE Christmas. Since we had Moriah we have been starting family traditions that center our attention on the perfect little baby that came to our world because of His great love for us. It kicks off tonight and I am SO EXCITED! Our decorations are up and our tree is ready. Tonight we will be listening to Christmas music and placing our ornaments on the tree. We will gather as a family and sing praises to our King and read a portion of the Christmas story. Unfortunately we didn't start on Sunday (as is traditional for advent) but we will get on track tonight. We will also be doing the Jesse Tree this year. Something new for us but I am looking forward to teaching my littles about what led up to Jesus' birth. Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep us updated on how you like the Jesse tree...I'd love to hear about the different ways you implement traditions with teaching the kids about Jesus' birth!

    ReplyDelete