Thursday, October 23, 2008

EWWW GROSS!!

So thus far I have considered myself very blessed.  I have an adorable dainty one year old who really doesn't like to be dirty and usually keeps herself pretty clean.  I hear all these moms talk about horror stories of hands going everywhere during diapering, spaghetti all over the place, and just general nasty baby things.  I am not naive, I know it is perfectly normal for babies and toddlers to exhibit these gross behaviors, I just thought I was lucky that my baby was different.  Well, she was different, until today.
I was doing a routine poopy diaper change and she turned on me!  She grabbed one of the used wipes and proceeded to smear poop all over the wall.  Then after I took it from her she had poop on her hand.  YUCK!!!  It didn't seem to phase her though, she just looked at me like I was crazy as I franticly wiped her hand, finished the bottom cleaning and closed her up.  I then cleaned off the wall and whisked her to the bathroom for a thorough hand scrubbing.  Thank goodness there were no traces of poop on her or her clothes or we would have had a whole body scrub down.
So I guess my little cutie isn't as different as I believed.  Props to all the moms out there who have to deal with this on a regular basis.  I am sure I have more of these "laughable" mom moments in my future.  Good thing we have lots of soap and sanitizer on hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment