Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Prayer from a Little Person

My oldest Mo is such a sweet, tender hearted little girl.  She LOVES praying for people, and often stops mid-prayer to see if we have any other needs she hasn't covered.

A few nights ago I was battling a killer headache.  Mo was praying, thanking God for her day, her friends, and requesting a good nights sleep.  She stopped, looked at me and asked, "Momma, does your head still hurt?"  I said yes and she earnestly asked for healing on my behalf.  She then looked up at me and asked, "Momma, is Mr. J still in Afghanistan?" which I said yes, and then she earnestly asked for his protection and that God would help him come home safe.

Her sweet thoughtfulness at the tender age of 4 is humbling to me sometimes.  Does my 4 year old pray for my friend at war more than I do?   She makes intersession for him almost every night.  Had I stopped and asked for healing for my headache?

What a joy it is to see my children seeking the Lord for help so early and to see them realize answers to prayer is even better.  Just a year ago it was her daddy she was praying for and now (7 months after he has returned) she will still pray, "Thank you, God, for bringing Daddy home safely."

May she always pray for others and may I learn from her and her sweet spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment